Oyo Federal Constituency PDP Endorses Seyi Makinde for another Term, adopts Bisi Ilaka As Leader
The Oyo federal Constituency PDP chieftains today held a Stakeholders meeting in a move to unify and solidify all party faithful towards future elections.
Stakeholders were able to resolve on a the way forward, in a Communique issues and signed by leaders present in the meeting and made available to Todaysplash.com resolved that;
At the enlarged Stakeholder’s Meeting of State Political Functionaries, Party Leaders, Local Government Appointees, Local Executive Committee Members and Notable leaders of the Party accross Afijio, Atiba, Oyo East & Oyo West of the Constituency resolved that:
COMMUNIQUE ISSUED AT THE END OF P.D.P OYO FEDERAL CONSTITUENCY STAKEHOLDER’S MEETING, HELD AT CHIEF BISI ILAKA’S PALACE, ILAKA OYO, OYO STATE, TODAY, 23RD OF JANUARY 2021.
The virtual meeting of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP), Oyo Federal Constituency inaugural meeting held at Chief Oyebisi Ilaka’s Palace,Oyo, in order to make the Constituency a formidable, formal and a unified constituency, chaired by the Constituency Leader, Chief Luqman Oyebisi Ilaka, the Ladilu of Oyo Land and Chief of Staff to the Governor of Oyo State, Engr. Seyi Makinde.
Resolutions at the meeting includes:
- The meeting passed absolute confidence on the leadership and administration of Engineer Seyi Makinde, particularly, commended him for great achievement, on face-lift to Akesan Market and ongoing construction of Gedu-Oroki-Saabo-Ashipa road, Silo Project, Awe-Oyo road, Renovation of Durbar stadium complex and various projects embarked upon in Oyo Federal Constituency.
2.. The meeting without-mincing words endorsed Engineer Seyi Makinde for another term in Office, for his unprecedented records of achievement in Oyo State and particularly, Oyo Federal Constituency.
- The meeting unequivocally endorsed Chief Luqman Oyebisi Ilaka, the Chief of Staff to His Excellency Engr. Seyi Makinde as the leader of the Federal Constituency while Deputy State Chairman, People’s Democratic Party (PDP), Hon. James Olukunle, should be the Chairman of the Federal Constituency.
- The meeting applauded Engineer Seyi Makinde for considering of worthy Sons and daughter of the ancient city to various Political offices in the State. “asking for more as Oliver Twist”.
- The Inaugural meeting urged all current Political functionaries to move closer to the grassroot, by coming home regularly as political aparthy can never be cured by Political isolation.
- The meeting agreed that federal constituency meeting should be rotational, that is, on local government basis.
- It was also adopted that the meeting of the Oyo Federal Constituency envoy Hon. Wale Ogunmola should continue unabated, with his political assignment as GLO, Oyo Federal Constituency.
- The meeting lauded the State Governor for making LAUTECH the property of Oyo State Government, praying that faculty of Health Science should be located at Oyo.
- The meeting call-on the State Government and the Party to adopt Primary election in having candidates for the forthcoming local government election in the State.
All State appointee from the Constituency
All Caretaker Chairmen from the Constituency
All Party Chairmen and Local Excos from the Constituency.
- Chief Sunday Ogunlade
- Hon. Kayode Adio
- Chief Wole Akanbi
- Chief Bayo Elegbede.
- ALH. Ademola Yekeen Santos.
- ALH. Siju Salaam
- Elder E.O. Oluokun.
- Hon. (Dr) Akinwande Maruf
- ALH. Bili Onifade
- ALH. Tunde Agboola.
- ALH. Alade Ganiyu
- ALH. Akano Olubuse
- Hon. Wahab Waliu (WABKEM)
- ALH. Kareem Raji Gaskia
- ALH. Isiaka Adebayo
- ALH. Atidade Oseni
- ALH. Basiru Adeyanju
- ALH. Tajudeen Romoke
- Alhaja Bili Ishola
- Hon. (Mrs.) Toyin Abiona and 95 other Members.