BREAKING: Oyo PDP Suspends Party Chair Over Alleged Anti-Party Activities
The state working committee of the people’s democratic party (PDP) of oyo state have suspended Mr. Taiwo Iyiola, the chairman of Ibadan north local government over alleged anti-party activities.
Todaysplash.com learnt is a loyal alky of Chief Rasheed Adebisi Olopoeyan, who’s been over time having a heated relationship with Governor Seyi Makinde over alleged neglect and marginalisation in his administration.
However, the vice chairman, Mr. Isiaka Fatokun has been asked to immediately take over the leadership of the party.
The statement was made public through a communique issued by the party after deliberation on the matter, the statement reads thus:
Being a communique issued by the State Working Committee of the Peoples Democratic party, Oyo State Chapter on the trending matters in our party at the regional level, our party at the state level and issues arising in the state on Tuesday 26th January 2021 at the State Party Secretariat, Molete, Ibadan
1. We unequivocally affirm and identify with the leadership of Engineer Oluseyi Abiodun Makinde as the authentic leader of our party in South West. We implore those who are undermining his office to desist from such insubordination.
2. We also use this medium to announce that our position in Oyo State PDP is in alignment with the position of our amiable governor and leader of our party in the south west, Engineer Seyi Makinde. We will throw our full weight and we will do all that is necessary (Including working with other relevant and critical stakeholders from our state and beyond) within the provisions of our party’s constitution to ensure that Oyo State produces the next South West Zonal chairman of PDP for the first time since PDP was founded
3. The State Working Committee after extensive deliberations approves the reinstatement of all Executives of the party who have defected to either ADC, ZLP or other political parties from ward to local government level but participated in the 2017 Congress of the party and also participated in the coalition that contributed to PDP victory in the 2019 election.
4. After the considerations of multiple allegations of Anti-party activities against Mr. Taiwo Iyiola, the Ibadan North East Chairman of PDP by the executives of his local political ward and sequel to his suspension from the party at his ward level, the entire state working committee of the party hereby announces the suspension of Mr. Taiwo Iyiola as the Ibadan North East Local Government Chairman of PDP and as provided by the constitution of our party, the Vice Chairman, Mr. Isiaka Fatokun should immediately take over the leadership of the party in Ibadan North East pending the time we will conclude our investigations
5. We also want to implore those fanning the flames of discord in our party to desist from such acts as we will henceforth not tolerate indiscipline and public defamation of the image of our party and the government by some elements in the party.
6. We want to also implore the entire populace of Oyo State to support the governor of Oyo State in his quest to restore our state back to the pacesetting pedestals. We want to remind the people of Oyo State that we are just twenty months into this administration and we inherited a state that was badly battered, almost destroyed and our funds and resources seriously injured by the inhumane, wicked, unkind, unfair and the corrupt government of the APC and their failed leaders
7. We want to thank the good people of Oyo State who actually separated the chaff from the wind in the current situation in Oyo State. We are certain and we want to assure the good people of Oyo State that our governor is working assiduously with every relevant persons, institutions, agencies and stakeholders to ensure that Ibarapa, Oke-Ogun, Ogbomoso, Oyo and Ibadan is more secured and conducive for all.
8. We want to say it with all confidence that under Seyi Makinde and PDP, a better Oyo State is assured.
9. Thank you.
Alhaji Kunmi Mustapha
PDP State Chairman
Elder John Omikunle
PDP Deputy Chairman
Alhaji Wasiu Adeleke
PDP State Secretary
Engr. Akeem Olatunji
PDP State PRO
Alhaja Wulemot Ibitoye
PDP Women Leader
Hon. Olanrewaju Oladeji
PDP State Treasurer
Asiwaju Adekola Adeoye
PDP Youth Leader
Alhaji Mufutau Ogunremi
Oyo Central Senatorial Chairman
Alhaji Waheed Oluwakemi
Oyo North Senatorial Chairman
Elder Samuel Olawuwo
Oyo South Senatorial Chairman
State Financial Secretary
Hon. Taiwo Alagbe
State Organizing Secretary
Hon Olayiwola Omolabake