Governor Seyi Makinde’s Great Strides For Students In Oyo State In Two Years—Victor Olojede
The Special Assistant to Governor Seyi Makinde on Students’ Affairs, Hon Victor Olojede has has listed the feats recorded by Governor Seyi Makinde led administration. According to Hon Victor, these include:
• Free education (tuition free) for all students in all 806 government secondary schools in Oyo State.
• Budgeting the sum of N834,500,000 for bursary awards and financial assistance to outstanding students and local and foreign scholarships for students of Oyo State.
• Payment of N500,000 each to 233 indigenes of Oyo state in the Nigeria Law School as bursary for the 2020/2021 session as well as 2019 backlog session.
• Sustaining the Award of scholarship on admission to 165 students (5 students from each local government) into the First Technical University.
• Allocation of 22.4% of the annual budget to Education.
• Reduction in fees and charges for students in all Oyo State owned tertiary institutions.
• 25% reduction in school fees for all students of the Ladoke Akintola University of Technology (LAUTECH)
• Distribution of 2000 COVID 19 palliatives to students across all tertiary institutions in Oyo State.
• Achievement of sole ownership of Ladoke Akintola University of Technology (LAUTECH) by Oyo State Government.
• Distribution of Ramadan packages to Muslim Students in tertiary institutions in Oyo State through the Muslim Students Society of Nigeria.
• Recognition of all student bodies in Oyo State
• Sustaining the Office of the Special Assistant to the Governor on Students’ Matters.
• The upgrade of Emmanuel Alayande College of Education , Oyo to Emmanuel Alayande University of Education.
• Distribution of 2,584,780 free text books & 2,968,320 notebooks to all Oyo State secondary school students.
. Completion of 307 projects in 2020 including construction and renovation of classrooms,equipment of classrooms and others to aid students learning.
• Distribution of 1000 copies of compedium of NECO and WASSCE past questions to students.