The Directorate of Civil Society Organizations in the PDP Presidential Campaign Council, in collaboration with Civil Society Organizations, CSOs; Community Based Organizations, BSOs and Faith-Based Organizations, organized the grand finale of sensitizing Nigerians on the manifesto of the PDP Presidential candidate, Wazirin Atiku Abubakar, GCON.
Date: Tuesday, 21st February 2023.
Venue: Nicon Luxury Hotels, Area 11, Abuja.
Theme: The Role Of Civil Society Organizations On Election Credibility In Nigeria.
Keynote Address: Hajiya Zainab Kushi – former Minister of State for Power.
Guest Speaker 1: Dr. Tosin Awolalu, Former Director, CSOs PPDP-PCC 2011.
Guest Speaker 2: Prof. Mustapha Abubakar, Director-General Northern Intellectual Forum.
Special Presentation of Atiku Manifesto: Hon. Kunle Yusuf, MON, Assistant Director, CSOs PPDP-PCC.
ENDORSEMENT AND ADOPTION OF ATIKU ABUBAKAR.
Having taken cognisance of the harrowing, excruciating experiences of Nigerians in the hands of this administration in the last 8 years and having scrutinised all the manifestos of all the leading Presidential candidates, the CSOs, CBOs, FBOs unanimously, unequivocally, firmly and consciously endorsed and adopted a man that is set to rescue and unify the country, in the person of Wazirin Atiku Abubakar, as the next President of Nigeria, come the election on the 25th of February. The CSO, CBO and FBO included but not limited to:
- Woodgate Structure Foundation.
- African Youth union Commission.
- Gaiciol Foundation for Sports Recruitment.
- Northern Intellectual Forum.
- Niger Delta Youth Assembly.
- Citizens Communication and Advocacy Centre, Abuja.
- Social Accountability and Environmental Sustainability Initiative.
- African Poverty Alleviation Initiative (APAi)
- African Youth Initiative on Crime Preventive( AYCRIP)
- Northern Leadership Dev. Foundation.
- CADA, Nigeria
- Plateau People Peace and Development Association
- WAFAA International Foundation.
- Arewa Women grassroots Empowerment Network.
- Association of Skilled and Vocational Artisans of Nigeria) (ASVAN).
- Voters Club of Nigeria (VCN).
- Association of Medical Laboratory Technicians and Assistants of Nigeria (AMELTAN).
- Patriots of Nigeria (PON), formerly National Association of Buhari/Osinbajo for Change and Continuity (NABOC),
- ASFID and more than 400 others. CSOs and NGOs.
In addition to the endorsement, the Organizations urge Atiku Abubakar to specifically address the following challenges when he becomes the President.
- Establish the Civil Society Organizations Commission.
- Declare a State of Emergency on Education.
- Negotiate debt-forgiveness with our creditors as he did in collaboration with President Obasanjo, when he was the Vice President.
- Rejuvenate the autonomy of the Local Government Areas
- Rehabilitate of Inter-State road networks.
- Strengthen the Security and Intelligence apparatus of the country.
- The public water system and similar public utilities should be improved.
- Unity of Nigerians is very paramount and should be vigorously pursued.
- Reform the Pension scheme to favour the self-employed Nigerians.
- Be a catalyst in making the Judiciary corrupt-free arm of government ATTENDANTS
- Prof. Adewale Oladipo, Deputy Director-General, PDP-PCC.
- Dr. Nicholas Msheliza, Chief of Staff to Director-General, PDP-PCC
- Amb. Ibrahim Bashiru, Director of Admin, PDP-PCC
- Don Pedro, Director Strategy & Research, PDP-PCC
- Amb. Nkoyo Toyo, Deputy Director, CSOs PPDP-PCC
- Dr. Ade Dosunmu, Deputy Director, Election Management
- Hon. Oladimeji Fabiyi, Deputy Director, Volunteers PDP-PCC
- Dr. Tosin Awolalu, Former Director, CSOs PPDP-PCC 2011
- Prof. Mustapha Abubakar, Director-General Northern Intellectual Forum
- Hajiya Zainab Kushi, Former Minister of State, Power
- Sarah Pane, Former Special Adviser to GEJ on Social Dev.
- Jude Imague, Former SA to GEJ on Youths and Students Affairs.
- Hadizat Kangiwa, Former Federal Commissioner, IDP and Refugees Commission.