In an effort to streamline the appointment process for various boards and agencies in Oyo state, Governor Engr. Seyi Makinde has announced the formation of a seven-member main committee. This committee will be responsible for overseeing and coordinating the appointment of members to these important positions.
The committee is composed of individuals representing the seven political zones in the state, namely Ibadan main city, Ibadan lesser city, Oke-ogun 1 and 2, Ibarapa, Ogbomoso, and Oyo zone. The members of the committee are as follows:
- Chairman: Senator Hosea Agboola (Okeogun I)
- Secretary: Miss Lolade Ajibola
- Hon Babs Oduyoye (Ibadan I)
- Hon Busari Olayemi (Ibadan II)
- Hon Funmilayo Orisadeyi (Ibarapa Zone)
- Chief Oyebisi Ilaka (Oyo Zone)
- Hon Oyeleke (Ogbomoso Zone)
- Hon Rafiu Adekunle (Oke-ogun 2)
The governor has emphasized that the appointment of this committee is effective immediately, showcasing the urgency and importance of the matter. With this move, Governor Makinde aims to ensure a more structured and efficient process for board appointments in Oyo state.